Effective Date: July 24, 2015
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service (available on this website), including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
- What Information Do We Collect About You?
- What about Children on our Sites?
- Special Note on I Heart UGG: What information Do we Collect from Children Under 13?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- Do We Share the Information it Collects About You?
- How Do We Use Third Party Analytics?
- What About Third Party Advertisers?
- What About Links to Third Parties?
- Am I Allowed to Post to Your Site?
- How Secure is My Personal Information?
- Can I Access, Update, Correct, or Delete My Personal Information?
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
- Will You Transfer My Information Outside of My Home Country?
- Special Note for EU Users.
- How Do I Get in Touch with You?
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect information directly from users, such as when they sign up to receive special offers from us or register for an account with us. We also collect certain information automatically through your use of our Site or Services. However, on our I HEART UGG site, we have implemented controls to prevent the collection of personal information from children under 13, as described below.
back to top
Information You Provide
We collect information that you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. We collect information from you when you make a purchase from us, create an account (offered as a convenience to customers but not required), request information, submit a review, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site and your use of our Services, but may include: full name, mailing address, billing address, email address, payment information (for purchases), location data and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
What about Children on our Sites?
Our Site and Services are not designed for persons under 18.
Special Note on I HEART UGG: What Information Do We Collect From Children Under 13?
While our Sites are designed for a general audience, on our I HEART UGG site we have implemented controls to avoid collecting any personal information from children under 13. To register for an account or to make a purchase from I HEART UGG, you must be 13 years old or older. For U.S. users, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, before we collect registration information, or permit a user to subscribe to marketing emails, we require the user to validate their date of birth. If a user indicates that they are 12 years old or younger, they are not permitted to use these features of our Site and we will not collect any personal information from them. However, users under 13 are still welcome to browse or Site, read about our products, and use other features that do not involve the collection of personal information.
We do not engage in behavioral advertising on the I HEART UGG site, nor do we permit third parties to conduct behavioral advertising using our I HEART UGG, or to track activities about our users across the I HEART UGG site and other third party sites.
If you are a parent and you think that we have collected personal information from your child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. If we discover that we have collected any personal information from a child under 13, we will immediately delete it. Some jurisdictions, may prohibt us from collecting email addres from users under 18, in which case we will implement measures to prevent minors 17 and under from submitting their email address to us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information, including personal information, alone or in combination with other information that we may collect about you, including information from third parties, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your orders or otherwise provide our Services to you.
- To communicate with you (including via email), such as to respond to your requests/inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- Where permitted, for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, in accordance with applicable law and with your consent, we will use your email address to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, and to contact you about products or information (offered by us or in conjunction with third parties) we think may interest you. We also may use your information to assist us in advertising our Services on third party platforms, including websites and through social media. You have the right to withdraw your sent at any time as noted below in the section titled “What Choices Do I have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?”
- Where permitted, for traditional mail marketing. From time to time, we may use your information for traditional mail marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive mail from us, please log-into your account and change your preferences. If you opt-out of direct mail, we will continue to use your mailing address for transactional and information purposes regarding your purchases and your inquiries.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Site and Services, to respond to user preferences, and for research and analytical purposes.
Does Deckers Share the Information It Collects About You?
We may share the information that we collect about you as follows:
- Service Providers/Agents. We disclose your information to third parties, including service providers, independent contractors, and affiliates that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customers lists, analyzing data, providing marketing and advertising assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and credit card links. These entities are contractually required to protect your personal information.
- Trading Partners. Our product lines are offered internationally in conjunction with select international trading partners. Our trading partners’ use of your personal information is subject to this Policy.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for their own marketing, research, and other purposes.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We also may share your information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Site. We use this information to remember you once you have logged onto your account and to remember your shopping cart. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites. However, please note that we only display contextual advertising on our IHEARTUGG Site, and we do not track or permit third parties to behaviorally advertise or to track information about children under 13 across IHEARTUGG.com and other websites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function, such as the shopping cart.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
How Do We Use Third Party Analytics and Tracking?
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at:
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “[TO BE ADDED]” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), and in Europe, the European Interaction Digital Advertising Alliance (“EIDAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI, DAA and EIDAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI), www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA), and www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links. There might be similar opportunities to opt-out of third-party ad networks in the country in which you are located.
What About Third-Party Links?
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Am I Allowed to Post to Your Site?
We like hearing from our customers. We invite you to post your comments, such as your reviews of our products, pictures, videos, and other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site, along with your chosen reviewer name and city/state/country (as applicable). If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. For various reasons, we do not allow customers under the age of 13 to post comments on our I HEART UGG site.
How Secure is My Personal Information?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity, except where otherwise required by applicable law.
Can I Access, Update, Correct, or Delete My Personal Information?
You have the right to access and correct the personal information that we hold about you. If you created an account with us, you may access, update, and correct the information that you have submitted to us by logging into your account. If you made a purchase as a guest, or if would like to delete the information that you submitted to us, please contact our respective Customer Service Department’s at the following email addresses:
|HOKA ONE ONE||U.S.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
As permitted by applicable law, we may retain changed or deleted information for archival purposes.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
Above we described out to opt-out of targeted advertising. You also may choose to opt-out of email and direct mail from us. To opt-out of email, you may update your preferences by logging into your account or by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. To opt-out of postal mail, please contact Customer Service at the applicable email address listed above. If you opt-out of receiving emails or postal mail about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails/postal mail about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Will You Transfer My Information Outside of My Home Country?
We will collect, use, and process certain information, including name, email address, mailing address, and credit card information) to provide our services to you. We may transfer this information outside to other countries in which Deckers has an office, including to the United States, which may not have an equivalent level of data protection as in your home country. Your data also may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals in accordance with the laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
Special Note for EU Users
The data controller for our EU website is:
- Deckers Europe Limited, 130 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 5EU, United Kingdom, telephone number 44 207 016 2200.
How do I get in touch with Deckers?
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact the applicable Customer Service department via the email addresses listed above.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or by contacting you at the email address on file.